Posting Calendar Events
The University Calendar is a great way to publicize your events. The Canes’ Calendar is viewed over 50,000 times in an average month, and this avenue of advertising is free. Below we have provided a few tips to make your event postings more effective.
For general usage questions about how to enter an event into the calendar, see http://www.miami.edu/web/tutorial/#announcements.
- Events listed in the calendar should be events open to the University community (i.e. students, faculty, staff, alumni and Collegetown neighbors) or open to the general public. They should not include scheduled classes, committee meetings, or staff meetings.
- All events with an estimated attendance of more than 250 people need to specify as such when entering the event into the calendar. When doing this, you will be prompted to fill out a second form. This is to avoid conflicts with other events. Events logged into this system are displayed on a large event calendar and sent to community relations.
- Include as much relevant information as possible.
- Include contact information, with both an e-mail address and phone number, whenever possible.
- Include a description of the event whenever possible.
- Use the Spell Check function in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Include all fees, method of obtaining tickets, etc.
- After launching an event check the live calendar site to confirm that the information is correct.
- If you have any questions, please contact Christine Casas at 305-284-5671