Black Alumni Society
Founded in 1989 by a dedicated group of alumni as an affiliate group of the University of Miami Alumni Association, the University of Miami Black Alumni Society is committed to serving and uniting African-American, African, Caribbean, Black, and African descended alumni for the purpose of providing networking bonds with Black students. It strives to facilitate a comprehensive network among alumni, students, and faculty of the University in advancing the interest and needs of our community, and promoting the rich history of black alumni at UM. The Black Alumni Society sponsors alumni networking activities, career forums and raises scholarship money for deserving Black students.
Black Alumni Society
Join hosts, Phyllis Tyler, B.B.A. '80, President of the Black Alumni Society, and Nicole Henry, B.S.C. '00, Jazz and R&B recording sensation as they welcome fellow alumni at the Black Alumni Society Networking Social.
Come enjoy complementary light bites, connect with friends old and new, and learn how you can get involved with the University of Miami Black Alumni Society.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
900 South Miami Avenue, 2nd Floor, Miami, FL
RSVP to the UM Alumni Association at 305-284-2872
The goals of the Black Alumni Society are to:
• Connect with, serve and engage Black Alumni, lifelong and worldwide.
• Design and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan to fund the Black Alumni Scholarship Fund and other initiatives.
• Facilitate a high level of volunteerism so that the Black Alumni Society, the University, and the community at large benefit from UM's diverse interests, talents and backgrounds.
• Encourage investment and support for the University in its successful pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service.
• Celebrate and promote the rich history of UM Black alumni through building upon our best traditions and accomplishments.
With your assistance, the Black Alumni Society can continue to not only support Black students in completing their education at UM, but to address the needs of Black alumni and the UM community. We hope that you will join us in these efforts to make a difference.