Becoming a UM Student Alumni Ambassador
Are you a creative campus leader with a love for your alma mater and an interest in educating the University of Miami Community about the importance of giving back and staying connected now and after you graduate? If you answered yes, consider applying to be a Student Alumni Ambassador (SAA) !
- Be currently enrolled full-time at the University of Miami.
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average and be considered in good standing.
- Maintain adherence to the University of Miami Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Fulfill the role as a student representative of the University and the alumni community. (This includes maintaining a professional code of conduct at all times.)
- Maintain minimum participation level of Alumni Service Hours.
- Attend member meetings to learn about upcoming initiatives and participate in professional and development training where you willl learn valuable skills like fundraising techniques, event planning, public speaking and more.
- Participate in the tradition of student giving each year.
- Make a leadership commitment to your respective Senior Class Gift campaign.
- Creatively market SAA initiatives to fellow classmates using a multimedia approach.
- Organize and implement program activities and solicitation efforts to promote participation.
- Represent the SAA at events and present to student groups/classes.
- Engage your classmates through personally asking for support to the SAA at events, tabling sessions, and one-on-one.
- Informally communicate the importance of philanthropy and progress of the group’s campaign to the student body.
- Participate in Philanthropy Awareness Day by signing a thank-you card and volunteering at the event.
- Celebrate SAA campaign success in May!
- Build your resume.
- Gain firsthand experience in philanthropy, fundraising, project management, and marketing/public relations while volunteering for a non-profit organization.
- Develop practical career, presentation, and event planning skills.
- Network with and receive mentoring from UM Alumni Relations/Annual Fund staff, alumni, and donors.
- Opportunity to serve the UM community as a leader.
- Invitations to exclusive UMAA events and meetings.
Members are chosen based on scholarship, leadership qualities, campus involvement and their ability to relate the UM experience to alumni, friends, prospective students and the University community.
Upon submitting an application, applicants will be screened and an interview will be scheduled. Selected candidates will receive an offer from the UM Alumni Association to participate as a Student Alumni Ambassador. Once the selection process is complete, a spring retreat and transition orientation will follow.