Class of 1964
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Newman Alumni Center
Golden Reunion Package: $100 Per person, includes: Class of 1964 50th Reunion, Audrey R. Finkelstein UM Experience, Alumni Avenue, and the 38th Annual Golden Ibis Society Brunch.
Reunion by itself: $55 general admission/ $45 young alumni (Classes 2004-2014), UM employees, UM students and children(12 years and up)/ Free for children under 12 Alumni Avenue Admission is included with purchase of a class reunion ticket.
On this night, it will be 1964 all over again! Visit your old friends; share your memories as you raise a glass to toast this amazing milestone – your 50th Reunion at the University of Miami! Remember the sounding of the hallowed bell atop the student Union to let the entire campus know that Homecoming week was here? How about the crowning of Homecoming Queen Larraine Salmon? Were you in attendance when Count Basie performed at the 37th annual Homecoming dance, held at the Miami Beach Convention Center? 1964 was truly a great year on campus. Save the date and relive the memories that started your lifetime as a 'Cane!
Class of 1964 50th Reunion Committee:
- Alvin Blake, BBA ’64
- Stu Bloch, AB ’64
- Diane Brandt, BED ’64
- Diane Chapin, AB ’64
- John Dorow, BBA ’64
- Larry Ford, AB ’64
- Howard Ginsberg, BBA ’64
- Alan Hess, BBA ’64
- Barry Marks, BBA ’64
- Susan Neuman, AB ’64
- Earl Oman, BBA ’65
- Ronald Rader
- Roselee Roberts, AB ’64
- William (Art) Roberts, BBA ’64
- Alan Rosen, BBA ’64
- Michael Segeal, BBA ’64
- Art Serio, BBA ’64
- Barbara Silver, BS ’64
- Harvey Wachman, AB ’64
- Charles (Chuck) Weisinger, BBA ’64
- David Weissman, BBA ’64
- Joseph Wieselberg, BED ’64
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Class of 1964 50th Reunion Committee, please contact Cynthia Cochran (305) 742-4109 email@example.com
For information on how you can volunteer please click here. Sign the Guestbook here.
A Walk Down Memory Lane...1964
- President is Henry King Stanford
- Legislation essential to the representational function of the Undergraduate Student Government was passed during this year. The president and vice-president would now be elected directly by the student body.
- The University of Miami Hostesses, a group of 30 attractive girls selected for their charm and personality, represented the University at its varied social and academic functions.
- “On an international campus – a home away from home,” was the motto of the International Club. Outstanding social events of the year included the Christmas dance and the Pan-American Week dance.
- Lyndon B. Johnson is President
- The Year of the Dragon
- The first Ford Mustang rolls across the assembly line
- First moog synthesizer
- The Beatles appear on the Ed Sullivan Show
- IBM introduces the System/360
- Roald Dahl pens “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
- Summer Olympics are held in Tokyo, Japan
- Winter Olympics are held in Innsbruck, Austria
- St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series
- Mary Poppins
- Dr. Strangelove
- Academy Award Best Film: My Fair Lady
Most Popular Music:
- House of the Rising Sun (Animals)
- Baby Love (Supremes)
- I Want to Hold Your Hand (Beatles)
- I Get Around (Beach Boys)
- Pretty Woman (Roy Orbison)
- Peyton Place
- Gilligan’s Island
- The Munster’s
Help Find Lost Alumni
Help fellow 'Canes reconnect with you, and your alma mater! If you recognize any of these names, please let your classmate know that they're "lost" and need to be FOUND!
Here are three simple ways to update your information and always stay connected with the happenings at the "U":
- Visit www.Miamialumni.net and click on the links to update your information. You can also use this site to search the alumni directory for classmates you want to reconnect with!
- Call the Office of Alumni Relations at 305-284-2872 or toll free at 1-866-UMALUMS (862-5867) and update your information with a staff representative.
- Attend a local club event and provide them with your updated information! For a list of clubs in or near your area, visit www.miami.edu/alumni/groups/alumniclubs.htm.
Ryutaro Adachi, BBA '64
Robert B. MacFarlane, AB '64
In Memory List
Reunion years are an important time to remember classmates who touched our lives and helped make UM a great place to be. The following is a list of ‘Canes who are no longer with us, though their spirit lives on in our memories:
James V. Accardi, AB '64
Tom B. Johnson, AB '64