Class of 2004
Date: Friday, October 31, 2014
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Newman Alumni Center
Cost: $55 general admission/ $45 young alumni (Classes 2004-2014), UM employees, UM students and children (12 years and up)/ Free for children under 12
Alumni Avenue Admission is included with purchase of a class reunion ticket
2004 was marked as a masterful technology year that changed the way you would go forth and communicate forever. Facebook emerged as a social network that revolutionized the way we keep in touch with our friends and family. This same year at the U, we the Class of 2004 also shared another successful launch that will positively impact communities and the world – the unprecedented $1 billion Momentum campaign. The U proved to be an exciting place to be in 2004. Were you one of the ’04 Canes in attendance at the Bank United Center as we hosted the first of only 3 U.S. presidential debates (Bush vs. Kerry) on September 30th? Do you remember cheering the orange and green on to a 16-14 victory over Florida State at the Orange Bowl led by Jarrett Payton who had 131 rushing yards? Do the insightful life lessons shared at the first ever Graduate Convocation by renowned poet and author Maya Angelou resonate with you? We welcome home all the dreamers of UM that dare to keep rainbows in the clouds – cast them over the U as we commemorate the Class of 2004!
Class of 2004 10th Reunion Committee:
- Pedro Castellon, BS ’04
- Robert Castro, MPRA ’04
- Rachel Dooley-Tucker, AB ’04
- Christopher Hartnett, AB ’04, MSED ’06 EDD
- Kimberly Jacobs, BS ’04
- Vanessa Lane Picariello, BSC ’04
- Ben Leis, BSC ’04
- Marianne Mijares, BSC ’04
- Tara Myers, BBA ’04
- Patricia Pena, BSC ’04
- Tariq Syed, AB ’04
- Andy Vittor, BBA ’04, MBA ’06
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Class of 2004 10th Reunion Committee, please contact Kevin Irwin (305) 284-3257 firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how you can volunteer please click here. Sign the Guestbook here.
A Walk Down Memory Lane...2004
- President is Donna Shalala
- The Leonard Miller Family committed $100 million to the University of Miami School of Medicine. In recognition of the biggest gift ever to the University, the School was named the Miller School of Medicine.
- Miguel “Mike” Fernandez committed $10 million to the School of Business Administration to name the Miguel B. Fernandez Entrepreneurship Building.
- The Wallace H. Coulter Foundation committed $13 million to create the Wallace H. Coulter Center for Translational Research at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
- The Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation made a $5 million grant to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine to create Miami GeneCure Diagnostics, Florida’s first comprehensive medical genetics diagnostic laboratory.
- Canesfest was held in the Bank United Center for the first time
- The Hurricanes left the Big East Conference to join the Atlantic Coast Conference
- The ’Canes were state champs in football defeating Florida 38-33 and Florida State 22-14 and then beat the Noles again in the Orange Bowl 16-14
- UM hosted the Presidential Debates between George Bush and John Kerry
- George Walker Bush is President
- The Year of the Monkey
- Facebook was founded
- Current world population reaches 6.4 billion
- The Summer Olympics are held in Athens, Greece
- Florida Marlins win the World Series
- The Aviator
- Spider-Man II
- The Incredibles
- Million Dollar Baby
Most Popular Music:
- Feels Like Home (Norah Jones)
- Encore (Eminem)
- Songs about Jane (Maroon 5)
- Confessions (Usher)
- Pimp My Ride
- CSI New York
Help Find Lost Alumni
Help fellow 'Canes reconnect with you, and your alma mater! If you recognize any of these names, please let your classmate know that they're "lost" and need to be FOUND!
Here are three simple ways to update your information and always stay connected with the happenings at the "U":
- Visit www.Miamialumni.net and click on the links to update your information. You can also use this site to search the alumni directory for classmates you want to reconnect with!
- Call the Office of Alumni Relations at 305-284-2872 or toll free at 1-866-UMALUMS (862-5867) and update your information with a staff representative.
- Attend a local club event and provide them with your updated information! For a list of clubs in or near your area, visit www.miami.edu/alumni/groups/alumniclubs.htm.
Jesse P. Abraham, BM '04
Ekaterina V. Konteeva, BBA '04
In Memory List
Reunion years are an important time to remember classmates who touched our lives and helped make UM a great place to be. The following is a list of ‘Canes who are no longer with us, though their spirit lives on in our memories:
Gene P. Braganini, BBA '04
Jon A. Puittinen, BS '04