Blackboard Internet Explorer Issues
Some Users are experiencing issues logging into Blackboard using Internet Explorer (IE). Here are some of the symptoms you may experience:
· Unable to login: you are caught in a loop sending you back to the login page
· Error Message: once logged in you see a message saying “Error” at the top of the page
We have determined a set of settings to correct these problems. It may sound complicated at first but if you follow these steps below, you will see it is fairly easy to fix.
Note: If you prefer having our Blackboard help desk do it for you, please do not hesitate to call us at 305-284-3949 during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9AM to 5 PM:
A. Locate Internet Options in your Browser
1. Open IE and go to the Blackboard page
2. Click Tools, and select Internet Options
· For Internet Explorer 8:
· For Internet Explorer 9:
B. Clear Temporary Internet Files
1. In the General Tab, Click Delete
2. Select “Temporary Internet Files”
3. Click Delete
C. Check for newer version of stored pages.
1. In the General Tab, Click Settings
2. Select the radio button “Every time I visit the webpage”
3. Click Ok
D. Add Blackboard to Secure Sites
1. From the Internet Options window, click on the Security Tab
2. Click on “Trusted sites”
3. Click the “Sites” button
4. https://www.courses.miami.edu should appear, if not type it in as in the picture below and click “Add”
5. Click “Close” to return
6. Click “OK” to close the Internet Option.
After all this is completed proceed to log into Blackboard.