EXPECTATIONS OF SUPERVISORS
In order for the Off Campus Community Service program to be a valuable experience for both students and employers we ask that you consider the following guidelines:
- Provide an orientation for students in which you meet with them and review the organization's goals, expectations of employees, duties and schedules.
- Train the student for all the duties they are expected to complete regardless of the nature of the task. Job training is an important process which should be ongoing. Not only is it important for new hires but also for even the most experienced employees if they begin to take on new responsibilities or duties. All employees need direction and guidance when they are expected to complete new work.
- Have students complete an evaluation after they have been working for a few months to assess how well they are adapting to their new job.
- Verify all hours on time sheets before signing them for students.
- Understand that student employees are STUDENTS before EMPLOYEES. Work with student to help achieve a healthy and positive balance between school and work.