The University of Miami established the Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship to honor the legacy of the university’s first director of minority affairs. The full-tuition scholarship recognizes outstanding high school seniors from across the country who have demonstrated academic excellence, a commitment to their personal goals, and students who have aspirations of continuing their academic pursuits through graduate education. As part of its commitment to the mission of the ideals Ronald A. Hammond embodied, UM awards this scholarship to selected students.
Ronald A. Hammond scholars will receive one-on-one advising from the Office of Academic Enhancement. The advising is comprised of:
- Regular meetings with an advisor throughout the semester
- Cultivating relationships with faculty within their individual major
- Tracking the student’s involvement and volunteerism on campus
- Setting a plan for their individual academic and career goals
- Facilitating the organization of study groups amongst the scholars
Ronald A. Hammond Scholars must attain full-time status of 24 credit hours at the University of Miami each academic year; the academic year is defined as fall and spring semesters. In order to maintain the Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a 3.00 cumulative grade point average during their eight semesters while attending the University of Miami.
Year to Year Expectations
Event Accountability Form
Community Service Form
Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship Contract