- Participate to professional and alumni mixers, where you can meet PR professional that can help you find an internship or a job
- Build your professional network by meeting members of Public Relations Society of America
- Consult the PRSSA's national online database for internships or jobs - contact Dr. Tilson at email@example.com to get the login information.
- After graduation, you have the opportunity to become an Associate Member of PRSA for only $60 per year. [more information on PRSA's website]
- Subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest news about our chapter's current activities and future activities, internship and job opportunities, industry events, and more
- Receive FORUM, PRSSA's national newspaper
Win scholarships and prizes
Participate in PRSSA annual national competitions and in other competitions advertised through our mailing list [how to subscribe]
Be a leader
- Become a member of the executive board
- Propose and implement programs you think are important
- Get involved in community-related programs
- Participate to PRSSA national conferences and national assembly meetings.
Get in touch
Discuss with your professional peers through PRSSA-Talk, an electronic list you can use to share information about the public relations practice and PRSSA programs.
For a complete list of PRSSA membership benefits, please visit the new and prospective members page on the national PRSSA website.
You can apply at any time for a PRSSA membership; for more information contact Dawn Uscher, VP for Membership, at DawnU2@lycos.com. Dues are $55 for one year and they collected from PRSSA chapters at the beggining of Fall and Spring semester; $41 (from the total of $55) are national dues. Each student who pays dues is entitled to one full year's membership extending from November 1, 2003 to October 31, 2004. You can pay the dues at any club meeting